Washing instructions / care tips
Below we have put together the usual laundry signs and care symbols that are often found on the labels in your table linen. It should enable you to obtain how to wash, dry, and iron a tablecloth so it will last a long time. Below, as an additional service, you will find tips on the care of tablecloths, cloth napkins, linen tablecloths and damask tablecloths.
Washing of the tableclothsCommon sign for: Washable in the washing machine.
Do not wash in the washing machine. Handwash is also not possible.
Do not wash in the washing machine. Handwash is possible.
Washable at 30 degrees in the washing machine.
Washable at 30 degrees in the washing machine in the delicate mode.
Washable at 40 degrees in the washing machine.
Washable at 40 degrees in the washing machine in the delicate mode.
Washable at 60 degrees in the washing machine.
Washable at 60 degrees in the washing machine in the delicate mode.
Washable at 95 degrees in the washing machine. (e.g. our Damask-tablecloths).
Washable at 95 degrees in the washing machine in the delicate mode.
Cleaning of tableclothsCleaning with all generally usual solvents permitted.
Cleaning not permitted.
Cleaning with all generally usual solvents permitted. In this case with R113 and hydrocarbons.
Cleaning with all usual solvents permitted. In this case with R113, R11 and hydrocarbons, cleaning with perchloroethylene
Spinning and drying of tableclothsCommon sign for: laundry can be dried in a tumble dryer.
Laundry is not to be allowed to dry in a tumble dryer.
Laundry can be dried in a tumble dryer at low temperature.
Laundry can be dried in a tumble dryer at high temperature.
Iron of tableclothsIron on a low setting level 1.
Iron on a middle hot setting level 2.
Iron very hot setting level 3 is possible.
Iron not permitted.
Bleching of tableclothsCommon sign for: bleaching permitted.
Bleaching not permitted.
Common sign for: Bleaching with chlorine permitted.
Common sign for: Bleaching with oxygen permitted.
Care tips for your table linen:
Laundry and detergent for tablecloth
We want you to enjoy your damask tablecloths, linen tablecloths, white, large patternless tablecloths, table toppers, linen table runners, and cloth napkins. Even when choosing our range of tablecloths, we therefore pay close attention to the high quality of all table linen products, to pure materials and also to the high quality of the yarns used, their color fastness and dimensional stability. The following instructions should be observed when washing the tablecloths.
- For our tablecloths own care labels are sewn in the hem; please pay attention to the instructions specially adapted to the materials.
- For our white tablecloths, it is no problem to use detergents with optical brighteners. For colored tablecloths, you should use colored laundry detergents without optical brighteners, as these will coat the components of the colored fabric fibers and impair their color brilliance.
- Note that all textiles and thus also the tablecloths shrink into the first wash, especially in the case of cooking laundry, the shrinkage of the tablecloths can be up to 5 percent; tablecloths usually shrinking slightly more in length.
- If there are no persistent stains in the tablecloths, 60 ° C laundry is often enough to make the tablecloths brilliant white and clean again. This is gentler on the fabric and increases the life of your table linen.
- Do not allow stains and dirt in your tablecloths to dry for too long. Wash your table linen right after your party. Treat stubborn stains in all tablecloths in advance with liquid soap.
- Pay attention to the correct loading of your washing machine: a not quite full load protects the textile fabric, especially tablecloths, and promotes a powerful cleaning.